Designing is almost like the sense of smell. Scents, aromas, odors, etc. are nearly indescribable, but at the same time, they are very specific and easy to detect. Such it is with a design aesthetic. Sometimes I feel like I'm talking in circles trying to describe something, but the ideas are right there waiting to be made into real words. I see them, but making them real to others is next to impossible.
Enter a medium that conveys the words flawlessly and you have something not entirely unlike a pressure valve. I like to think that sometimes I let go of stress by transporting myself somewhere else...becoming immersed in a place and a time where whatever current problem is far away.
Here is a sneak peek of what I am working on for spring/summer of 2011:
[moodboard]
[shot of yarn 1]
[shot of yarn 2]
[swatch]
[cat taking a nap]
No comments:
Post a Comment